Ask a Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer allows you to get free answers from lawyers in your area for basic legal questions on a variety of topics, including family law, employment law, criminal law, and more.
Add details
More Information:

Recent Questions & Answers

Q: I recently learned my stockbroker has been sued in the past and he never disclosed this. When I confronted him, he told

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Illinois on
Answered on Nov 19, 2018
Whether a financial advisor registered with FINRA must report to his broker dealer or disclose on his brokercheck when they have” been sued” depends on 2 things:

1. The total settlement amount and whether the registered person was involved in an alleged sales practice violation

2. What the nature of your stockbrokers lawsuit consisted of?

Much will depend on what the broker was being sued for. Whether named in the caption of the lawsuit or not, the registered person...

Q: (916) 515-8078

1 Answer | Asked in relocable for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Nov 19, 2018
Gary Kollin's answer
You should be determining your answer and not ask someone to answer for you.

This violates the honor code

Q: cataclasm

1 Answer | Asked in 5033928309 for 941-735-7568 on
Answered on Nov 19, 2018
Ellen Cronin Badeaux's answer
Children never get to choose which parent they live with. At age 12 their input is one of a dozen factors the court will consider.

Q: 281-977-2446

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for (832) 271-7866 on
Answered on Nov 19, 2018
William John Light's answer
No, you can't go after his insurance. No his insurance doesn't have to put you in touch with him. An attorney will hire a private investigator to locate the defendant and have him served with the Summons and Complaint. Get a consultation with a PI attorney. Consultations are free.

Q: glycerinize

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for New York on
Answered on Nov 19, 2018
Elaine Shay's answer
Easements can be express or implied. Generally an express easement must be recorded but it may be recorded as a separate document from a deed transferring title to the property. Since easement can be created and extinguished in a number of ways, the only way to properly assess the situation is to review the actual underlying documents and/or circumstances in detail. Therefore, you won't be able to get a yes or no answer to your question in the forum and will need to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.